Pan Seared Foie Gras with Cherries
- Foie gras lobe
- 1 pound cherries
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- Simmer down: Reduce the cabernet in a hot pan with thyme and any other spices you desire (bay leaves, peppercorns, etc), after 10 minutes add cherries and sugar, continue to reduce down till thick and syrupy, finish with a nob of butter to round out the flavors.
- Sizzle: Cut the foie gras lobe into a healthy 1/2 inch slice and score(it's helpful to run your knife under hot water for a clean cut), place in a hot pan (I mean really hot) and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Place on a paper towel and season with salt
- Get Toasty: Slice brioche into smaller pieces for plating, the size and shape is up to you. Melt butter in a hot pan and add toast, spoon butter over slices and flip till golden brown on both sides.
- Show time: Place brioche on plate, rest foie gras on top, spoon over sauce and finish with cherries and thyme.