Serves 8 as an appetizer or 4 as an entrée
- 1 ½ lbs. Beef tenderloin tips
- Duck foie gras torchon
- 1 large celery root about 2 lbs, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- About 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Black or white truffle oil
- Fleur de Sel (buy online)
Put diced celery root and potatoes in a large pot and cover with chicken stock. Cover pot and boil for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add additional stock if needed. Drain the celery root and potatoes and pass them through a ricer, or blend in a food processor.
Return the puree to the pot, add butter and salt and pepper to taste. Adding cream is optional. Keep warm over low heat.
Put salt and pepper on the filet tips and sauté over high heat for 1 – 2 minutes on each side.
To serve, place a mound of celery root puree on each plate. Top with chives and truffle oil. Place the filet tips on the puree. Shave curls of the foie gras torchon with a sharp knife or peeler and place on top of the filet tips. Garnish with mircogreens and top with fleur de sel.